|Daunt Square in Cork, then and now. |
People in 1900 had never heard of McDonalds.
Or the internet. Or TV.
Click on the picture to make it bigger.
- how rural and urban living conditions changed.
- how rural and urban working conditions changed.
- how the role of women in Ireland has changed.
- how sport, leisure and entertainment have changed.
- how transport and communications have changed.
Back at the start of First Year you learned about primary and secondary sources. These are important in this section as well. They can be useful too! If you're interested in where your family might have been living, or what your great grandparents might have been working as in the early 20th century, search the 1901 and 1911 census returns here.
I've divided this topics up between five pages. Click on the buttons below to get the topic you want.
Go back to Third Year